Today was a much warmer here in the Coachella Valley and there is a long term forecast of mid-eighties for the next week. YAY!!! I spent part of the morning on the phone with my Mom trying to convince her it was 8:30 am not pm and cajoling here into getting ready to go to the doctor. Three frustrating calls later and with the help at staff at her community We got her to the doctor. More phone calls to her physician, who is wonderful and is facilitating getting a neurology appoint to try and understand the dementia issues.
So here is how day eleven of our sheltering in place went:
- Walked the resort with my SIP pal Kristen…we walked until our feet cried for a cold soak which was about 5 miles. The gorgeous golden torch cactus flowers I have been admiring are on their last days. But I found this little beauty on a prickly pear cactus so it is now on my watch list.
- Did some online ordering of groceries and tried in vain to find TP for my Mom who is now out. So utterly ridiculous … thankfully other residents in her community had donated some that was available to those who can’t get out and shop. The instant cart shopper who I was texting with offered to go to his house and get a few rolls to get her by. Oh for the kindness of strangers…
- Watched an interesting video which was shared by a physician in Anacortes Washington where we spend part of the year. Here is her comments “Hi everyone. I’m a surgeon and I live in Anacortes. I would love it if you all would watch this video. It is very empowering during this viral crisis. It was made by a colleague of mine who is an ICU doctor at the center of the outbreak in NYC. If we could get this video out to everyone in the community we might be able to avoid becoming a tiny NYC”. It is a long but very interesting video but hey what else do you have to do?? The Doc in the video looks so exhausted.
- Going to support a local restaurant tonight by ordering take out.
- Fridge is fuller today thanks to a delivery from Costco. SO gratefully to the Instacart shoppers, expressed our gratitude with a large cash tip and some vinyl disposable gloves.
Honestly, parts of day eleven were a bit frustrating and boring but I need to stop being a whiny twit (thanks Karen) and instead be grateful for all the good things in my life. Hope all of you are healthy, sane and staying home!!!