I slept much better last night knowing the gal who’s been checking on my Mom in the late afternoons actually cajoled my mom into letting her do a few things…like make her bed. Hoping its a break through…
Wally is our short order cook- aka “breakfast guy”. It is usually his job to fix coffee and breakfast. It can be a simple smoothie or a more elaborate frittata or omelet. Today it was a vegetable frittata with manchago cheese and toast with blueberry jam – SCORE!!!
So here is how day nine of our sheltering in place went…
- On our walk around the resort today, I made it a bit of a scavenger hunt. Not just looking at pretty pretty flora and fauna, instead looking specifically for fauna but not living fauna. Let’s just say there is plenty of non-live fauna around here, some are cute, some are pretty, some a bit assy. So, I’d love to hear your vote!!!
- Had our usual lunch salad on the patio.
- All of our sports amenities have at the resort been closed but our GM deemed it acceptable to walk on our golf courses for exercise. No golfing …just walking. Being that most of my golf balls seem to hit expense cars or in this case expensive coaches, I have decided golfing just isn’t my forte. But I love walking in golf courses, so hell yes, I was out there after lunch with my gal pal Kristen. We walked the 18 and 9 hole courses. Total mileage today – 4.8 miles!!!
- Spent part of the afternoon prepping dinner. It is a new recipe that I have been wanting to try – Grilled Cilantro Chicken with Pickled Tomato and Avocado Salsa. Also, made a layered black bean dip for an outing on Sunday.
- Chatted with friends who were preparing for a sheltering in place date. How cute its that…they were dressing up for dinner, having a cocktail on their patio and sharing a meal that they were both fixing together. Geez, I felt shamed, we were still in our grubby exercise clothes but we enjoyed our cocktail on the patio sans dress up! Guess that means I have to shower later – Thanks Mike!!!
- Chatted with another good friend who is a nurse. She reinforced to me how bad this damn virus is and how unprepared most hospitals are for a pandemic. Luckily, she is no longer an ER trauma nurse or she would be right on the front lines. For her that would be dangerous as she has compromised lung health and asthma. Instead, her pediatric speciality hospital cancelled all of their elective cases so her next 15 days will be spent sheltering in place at home with no plans to leave the house. Yep, wish everyone was taking this monster virus so seriously.
- Fixed dinner… the new recipe was a keeper. Such great flavors but actually a very simple meal. We enjoyed the grilled cilantro chicken with pickled tomato and avocado salsa along aside a crunchy slaw with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Wrote this blog post and edited pictures. Used the slideshow feature for the fauna pictures, so let me know how you like that.
- Fridge is getting very empty. We have a Costco Instacart delivery set up for Monday and a Ralphs order set up on Thursday but the Instacart drivers are threatening to strike on Monday. After reading the attached article I can‘t say as I blame them. I have really appreciated the service those folks are providing and always tip well, even more now that COVID has changed the fabric of our world. Will see what happens but I may have to venture out next week and forage on my own.
Well, so far so good…day nine was busy in a very relaxed way. Hope all of you are healthy, sane and staying home!!!
2 thoughts on “Sheltering in Place – A Diary of Virusapocalypse: Day Nine”
I can’t choose between the bunnies on a scooter or the polar bear. They allmshowmthe fabric of ORPS diversity.😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
The bear definitely made me smile …he looks so jolly.