It took me a while to get going this morning. I spent the wee hours, tossing and turning. My aging mother who has mobility and health issues plus onset dementia has been weighting heavily on me lately. She lives in an independent senior community that offers loads of supportive services …if one choose to use them. She doesn’t or honestly can’t now and is very close to needing to move to the next level of care. I have had to cajole, sneak or fib my way into getting her set up with additional help.
Okay, then I read way too much corona virus news but got a sanity check when I popped on FB to see what my pal Pluto had to say today. Seems he was exhausted too and was a dog of little words today… boyO can that little dude snore! Checked in with singer songwriter Sheryl Crow again and a few other cool music video’s.
So here is how day eight of our sheltering in place went…
- Spent most of the morning/afternoon online moving my mothers accounts, setting up online payments, changing addresses and checking balances. Luckily, my mom set up her finances, will, POA and advance health directives quite some time ago. She was adamant that she wanted me as POA and for everything to be very clear legally. We have gotten to the point that I have to make some changes to protect her from herself…SIGH…
- Did chores around the coach.
- Our cat Sucia, whom I normally adore, thoughtfully pooped on the floor by my side of the bed AGAIN. As luck would have it I caught her in the act in broad daylight and didn’t step in it in the dark like the other night. Yep, I was barefoot! Adorable factor zero right now.
- Wally and I walked the resort in search of pretty flora and fauna. I spotted the first ducklings of the season…So excited “OH NO…babies…baby duckies…they are SO adorable…SO cute…Babies, TEN babies”. I can’t resist anything that is small and furry but don’t have a maternal bone in my body. Go figure! We also found another spectacular Golden Torch cactus in full bloom.
- Mixed up a couple of our specialty GT&G‘S and enjoyed them on the patio as the sun was setting. For those bartenders out there our GT&G consists of fresh grapefruit juice, fresh tangerine juice and a generous pour of gin, topped with a slash of tangerine sparkling water.
- Have been starting to crave the water and a boat fix but who knows when we will be able to head north so I pulled a package of our fresh, right from the the water dungeness crab out of the freezer. Fixed crab cakes with a garlic aioli , roasted asparagus and caesar salad for dinner. It paired nicely with the Coopers Creek Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand that was delivered just days ago.
- Started writing this blog post, auto saved failed so I had to start all over again…GRRRR…Wrote this blog post again and edited pictures.
- Frig is getting kinda empty. Have a Costco instacart delivery set up for Monday and have been trying to get a Ralphs order set up but the delivery times keep disappearing. Trying very hard not to go into a grocery store, stay home, stay healthy and flatten the damn curve. Day eight, very uneventful. Hope all of you are healthy, sane and for crying out loud staying home!!!