Just wondering if any of you grew up with a Magic 8 Ball? My weird Aunt, who had a house painted black with a grand piano (careful, there was often a cat poop underneath it) and red flocked wall paper in the living room did, so yep, I am an ultimate authority on the Magic 8 Ball.
In case you were not fortunate enough to have a wacky aunt like mine, the Magic 8-Ball is a hollow plastic sphere resembling a black-and-white 8-ball. Its standard size is larger than an ordinary pool ball, but it has been made in various sizes. Inside the ball, a cylindrical reservoir contains a white plastic icosahedron floating in approximately 100mL of alcohol dyed dark blue. Each of the die’s 20 faces has an affirmative, negative or non-committal statement printed in raised letters. These messages are read through a window on the ball’s bottom. FYI…these answers are never wrong 🙂
To use the ball, it must be held with the window initially facing down to allow the die to float within the cylinder. After asking the ball a yes–no question, the user then turns the ball so that the window faces up.
Given these uncertain times we are all facing, I thought you should all know about the Magic 8 Ball and its potential to answer all of your questions about the future.
The 20 possible answers inside a standard Magic 8 Ball are:
- As I see it, yes.
- Ask again later.
- Better not tell you now.
- Cannot predict now.
- Concentrate and ask again.
- Don’t count on it.
- It is certain.
- It is decidedly so.
- Most likely.
- My reply is no.
- My sources say no.
- Outlook not so good.
- Outlook good.
- Reply hazy, try again.
- Signs point to yes.
- Very doubtful.
- Without a doubt.
- Yes – definitely.
- You may rely on it.
I consulted the Magic 8 Ball on a couple of questions that were weighing heavily on my mind and here’s what I learned…
Question…Will life as we know it ever be normal again? You may rely on it.
Question: Will I ever be able to buy toilet paper again? Outlook good.
Question: Will I run out of wine before I run out of toilet paper? Don’t count on it.
Question: Will my spouse put a pillow over my head in the near future? Outlook Good ( shite…not for me it isn’t)
Question: Is President Trump a narcissist? All signs point to yes.
Well, if you had any doubts about the power of the Magic 8 Ball the answer to that last question should have removed all your doubts!!!
So here is how day twenty seven of our sheltering in place went
- I made a last minute order on Instacart and was shocked to get it delivered the same day. Yay for fresh veggies!!!
- We got the Corvette to storage without a hitch. Thanks Zonya and Darcy for a fun outing… that car is a beast!!!
- Our friends Jill and Cindy stopped by for an over the wall happy hour chat. They sat in their golf cart behind our lot while we stayed on the patio. Bentley wasn’t worried about any damn virus and took his lemon out with him to say hi!
- I had a hankering for a Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad. I have a great recipe for a killer caesar dressing, so I made a batch of that and served the salad with grilled asparagus. We sat outside again tonight and had dinner overlooking the golf course.
- The fridge is healthy. The Ralphs delivery put some life into the veggie selection.
- Worked on this blog post and edited pictures.
Day twenty seven was very mellow. It was warm and sunny so it really wasn’t a hardship to stay home.