The temperature here today was a balmy 85 degrees. The sky has been brilliant blue with very few clouds but breezy especially later in the day. Since we have never stayed this late in April, I don’t know if the breeziness is normal. We have had to turn on the AC for a while in the afternoons but the evenings are cooling off and perfect for lounging around outside.
We are feeling a bit stir crazy and are going to escape the compound tomorrow and go for a drive.
So here is how day twenty eight of our sheltering in place went:
- Kristin and I did a 10 mile bike ride today… will my behind ever get in shape for a longer ride? Even with my big bertha padded seat, I am feeling those 10 miles.
- Spent the afternoon doing mundane things like trying to figure out an easier way to post recipes on the blog. This is on all of you… In case you don’t know, when you are on the main page, if you click on Epicurious at the top of the page you will find the recipes.
- My allergies are still in overdrive so I have been taking all kinds of over the counter meds. Wondering if this is a shelter in palace allergy??
- Lunch was a chopped chicken and kale salad which we enjoying alfresco. Today was a two umbrella day…no, not a two umbrella drink day, but hmm, thats not a bad idea either. We had both outside umbrellas up to give us some shade in the outdoor living room.
- Wally went to the chiropractor today. He mentioned that they had quite the cleaning protocols, wore masks and had appointments spaced to that no one was in the office with other patients. Do you think this is going to be our new norm?
- I love a good cup a coffee in the morning and love finding local coffee roasters when we are traveling. ROC in Cavecreek AZ is one of our all time favorites And I may have to splurge and order some online. In the meantime, we have been using Peet’s Coffee from Costco…yep, coffee snob girl got all offended at the thought of it but when I noticed they actually print the roast date on each bag and its usually less than a month old, I decided to lower my standards and be happy to have something decent – LOL. With the weather warming up, it felt like ice coffee weather is in the future so I got out the coffee toddy cold brew kit.
- We sat outside and had a cocktail with our shelter in place friends, Kristen and John.
- Tonight we had Barbacoa Beef Tacos and Grilled Corn on the Cob. Love having left overs that can easily be made into another simple meal.
- The fridge is full of possibilities but tomorrow might be a support a local restaurant dinner night. As much as I enjoy cooking, a night off occasionally is most welcome.
- Worked on this blog post.
Day twenty eight was uneventful but somehow it just sped by. Don’t know about you but I am waiting anxiously to hear how our state governors are planning to start re-opening the US. This much I know for sure, we will not be going back to normal for anytime soon.