I took a full day off yesterday…no blog post and no news. The up side is that I felt very energized today but the down side is that nothing really changed. The sun came up, life went on, the sun went down. It’s a bit like the twilight zone. The only big news on our end from yesterday is the Costco Instacart order was delivered and “what to my wondering eyes did appear but a large bundle of toilet paper, 30 rolls to be clear”. I have to wonder if the curve has flattened on hoarding stupidity finally.
Honestly, we don’t need it but I bought it knowing my mother might need it before I can find any locally in Mesa AZ that could be delivered. Seriously, how messed up is this??? But shhh, don’t tell her I have it just yet… my mom told me today that Costco has big packages of TP. I could go to Costco and get really big package, maybe drive it over to her and drop it off. Sure why not, its only an 8 hour drive round trip . I am thinking that USPS can help me out with this dilemma… unless of course the orange idiot closes them down.
So here is how day twenty six of our sheltering in place went
- My SIP bestie, Kristen and I got in a 3.5 mile walk around the golf courses. There was not another soul out on our entire walk. We did have a duckling sighting… the motherless nine have hooked up with the family of five. We also saw some evidence that the circle of life has been in full force. Also found this cactus with the unusual flower on our walk. I have no idea what varietal it is… any one know?
- We are helping some friends who are back in Canada get their car moved to climate controlled storage Here in Palm Springs. Wally stopped by their lot today to get the cover off the car, make sure it started and ran okay. Yep, it ran just fine!!!
- I was a juicing maniac. 2 dozen oranges and about a dozen grapefruits. There will be plenty of G & J (gin and juice) drinks in our future.
- It was also a home cooking day…I used our newly acquired dumpster instant pot to make Barbacoa Beef. If you like cumin and spicy food, then you’ll love Barbacoa Beef. Spicy shredded beef braised in a blend of chipotle adobo, cumin, cloves, garlic and oregano. I use chuck roast because I like the flavor that the marbling adds to the beef. This recipe will yield you some seriously good left overs too.
- Some friends here in the resort organized a game of Singo using Zoom. Before everything shut down here, we had done Singo live and it is a hoot so we were all in to try playing virtually. If you like music or trivia, you will like Singo. It is a new musical spin on the traditional game of Bingo. Instead of listening for a number, players are listening to their favorite music and have to match the name of the song to the song card they have. There are also, “dance” songs In between where everyone gets up and dances. So fun!!! Here was our e-card for the game:
- We Facetimed with a friend in Portland. One of the things we were discussing was how businesses will be defined post COVID-19. As owner of a successful winery in Yamhill, Oregon they are struggling with what the future means for Lenne Estates. The beautiful estate grown wines are enjoyed by people from all over the world, many of whom have had their first experience tasting these wines at the charming winery. Contemplating how COVID-19 might change the consumers experience, how to stay relevant and attract people to these wines in the future are all things that would certainly keep me up at night. The crystal ball is mighty foggy right now…
- The weather is Palm Springs perfect right now, no wind, warm and sunny. Sitting outside in the evening as the sun goes down makes me forget everything that is wrong in the world right now. We enjoyed a glass of wine – at a safe distance with our Singo, shelter in place, ya they are family friends.
- The fridge is healthy. There is a huge bag of asparagus calling to me.
- Worked on this blog post and edited pictures.
Day twenty six was busy even though we just stayed home.