We have a string of warm days ahead…it reached 88 degrees here today. The mornings are still cool but by 11:00 am today it was 81 degrees so we fired up the AC in the late afternoon. Once the sun went down we opened the coach back up and switched from AC to fans only which kept a nice cool air flow moving through the coach. Since we have a new coach this year there is a bit of a learning curve with how to keep us and the four-legged’s comfortable when the outdoor temperature’s go up.
There are always pros and cons with every coach and we definitely have things we really like about the new Entegra coach and things we really liked more about the Monaco coach. The windows open differently on the Entegra. Newer, high end coaches have frameless windows which aesthetically, look very nice. But, they open different, let in less air so we find it gets warmer faster in the new coach. Honestly, our older Monaco had better air circulation overall and more windows but with the upgraded living space the Entegra it is well worth the trade offs.
So here is how day thirteen of our sheltering in place went:
- Walked the resort with my SIP pal Kristen… 2.5 miles. We decided to mix it up and dusted off our bikes and rode around the resort for about thirty minutes to get the equivalent walking miles in.
- Made a curried chicken salad chicken for lunch which we enjoyed alfresco.
- Chatted with a girlfriend in Portland, compared kitty poop stories and caught up on everything we have been doing to keep ourselves entertained while under siege.
- Had drinkies on the patio with fellow SIP friends while sitting 6 feet apart.
- Had the annual letting of blood in the kitchen while prepping dinner. Our razor sharp Santoku chef knife finally took a whack out of my left thumb. Admittedly, it was after happy hour but honestly I was a bit distracted after getting a worrisome text from one of my mothers caregivers. I managed to get the bleeding stopped while Wally drove to Rite-Aid for “WoundSeal”.
This isn’t the first time I have written about this fabulous product and I always keep this in our first aid kit. Well, except the first aid kit on the boat is apparently where I am keeping it these days. Anyhow, we had a bit of a late dinner, the first aid kit on the Roadhouse is now restocked with Wound Seal and my thumb is sporting a “Steri Strip. Boy do I have some stories about steri strips!!!
- The fridge has some room in it and we are expecting a delivery from Ralph’s tomorrow. Dinner tonight was Rice Noodles with Seared Pork, Carrots and Herbs.
- Worked on this blog post and thankfully I didn’t need my thumb to type.
Day thirteen had some unexpected excitement but alls well that ends well. Hope you enjoyed all of my first aid tips and really hope you are all healthy, sane and staying home!!!